At DoctorBox we are building the hub for personal medical information and offer services for the current COVID-19 pandemic. If you are passionate about working in healthcare to make a real difference, interested in helping to develop innovative digital healthcare solutions and want the freedom, challenges and ownership of a young start up combined with a mature quality management system (ISO9001/27001) then DoctorBox might be the right place for you.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, demand for our products has increased significantly and we are now looking to the next phase of our journey – building an excellent user experience and keep building innovative digital healthcare solutions to scale our business.
To achieve this we are now looking to strengthen our IT leadership at DoctorBox by hiring a VP of Engineering to lead our developer team through this transition.
**What would you do at DoctorBox?**
As the VP of Engineering you will be responsible for the engineering team, scale and improve our product, as well as build new features. Together with the CTO you will hire the right talent and ensure that the right tasks are being developed.
– take responsibility for the IT team to build and deliver value to users and customers
– work closely with the CTO to maintain and further develop the technical vision and strategy
– collaborate with other functions (product, marketing, design) to ensure that the IT team is prioritizing the right tasks
– focus and communicate effectively between the CTO and the IT team on delivering features in line with doctor box’s business, product and IT strategy
– create hiring plans in line with organizational needs and budgets
– 5+ years in senior engineering management positions, ideally with start-up experience
– comfortable with working with and building a new team
– hands on mentality and willingness to make your hands dirty
– successful track record of building, retaining and scaling an engineering team in a start-up
– ability to adapt to changing environments while keeping the team focused on priorities
– deep understanding of building IT product security
– experience in delivering non-functional requirements (e.g. availability, scalability, security) as well as functional requirements as part of the application lifecycle management
– understanding of iterative-incremental development processes
– knowledge of pure JavaEE/JakartaEE would be a big plus
If you are motivated by the prospect of a challenging task in fast growing start up a dynamic and forward-thinking company in the e-health sector, we want to hear from you. Please submit your application, including your CV, cover letter in English or German, relevant references, possible start date and your salary expectations via the ‘Apply’ button or to: DoctorBox GmbH – HR – Knesebeckstraße 69-61 – 10719 Berlin.