Headquarters: United States
At TutorMe, we’re here to level the academic playing field by empowering students to get the on-demand support they need to achieve their academic goals. Our mission is to make learning fun, engaging, and equitable for all students. We believe in providing learners with the right teachers, tools, and motivation so they can thrive no matter their circumstances.
As the market leader in online tutoring, we have created a cutting-edge online education platform where over 15,000 expert tutors in 300+ subjects can share their knowledge with students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles. Since 2013, TutorMe has been a trusted resource for K-12 school districts, higher education institutions, employers, and nonprofits, supporting over 1.5 million students (and counting!) by providing on-demand 24/7 help with subjects ranging from Algebra to Aerospace Engineering. Join us in the online learning revolution and be a part of a team that’s increasing education equity for all students!
We’re seeking a dynamic, seasoned VP of Marketing to build a world-class Marketing team at TutorMe. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll create a compelling marketing strategy, build a team of marketing professionals, and lead them from insight to execution to help scale our offerings.
You’ll also develop a brand and promotion strategy that will grow both sides of our business (B2C and B2B2C) and position TutorMe as the leading tutoring solution for students. To accomplish this feat, you’ll build strong cross-functional relationships within the organization and have an analytic, data-driven approach to marketing.
- BA or BS in a related field, but preferably within marketing or business; MBA a plus but not required
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, preferably at an early-stage technology company or within the education-industry
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience building and managing teams of marketing professionals
- Demonstrated success in driving marketing strategy, direction, and budget allocation across multiple channels and touchpoints in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to define a brand strategy from scratch and scale it effectively
- A consistent track record of exceeding revenue and lead goals, with the ability to communicate which actions and decisions led to your success
- Tech-savvy and up to date on marketing tools, platforms, and resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an eye for design
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- A passion for education and TutorMe’s mission of making learning as convenient, equitable, and effective as possible
- Competitive pay & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of free online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we’ll provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that’s helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but you’re up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.