Are you a writer with a passion for tech looking for a new opportunity in the fast-paced startup world? We are looking for a talented writer and communicator who can collaborate confidently with data scientists, developers, product managers, AI Research Engineers, Marketing Managers and project leads. We’re looking for an energetic self-starter that is a master of clear, concise, approachable language and who is unphased by the intricacies of Machine Learning and is comfortable transferring that knowledge to a variety of audiences.
Could you make that introduction half as wordy and twice as engaging? Then we’d love to hear from you.
**More about you:**
* A talent for exceptional, clear, accessible writing with a strong sense of brand voice, audience-adaptability and a meticulous eye for technical accuracy and consistency.
* Experience writing, editing, researching, and planning a variety of software documentation.
* Impeccable grammar, a modern, minimalist approach to documentation design, and a knack for effective, intuitive information architecture.
* An inherent ability to transfer information, teach others and to share knowledge that translates into inspiring, creative copy.
**In this role you’ll get to:**
* Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, and knowledge base content.
* Co-author articles, copy and blogs and create a strong brand voice.
* Produce high-quality documentation.
* Publish weekly Release Notes as the product rapidly evolves.
* Write software documentation from technical specifications, deep dives with developers, and hands-on experimentation.
* Update existing docs to reflect business requirements and changes to functionality.
* Edit existing content in preparation for publication.
* Produce engaging, up-to-date technical content, copy for websites, white papers etc.
* Please submit 1-2 writing samples that you believe best exemplify your work (preferably technical/documentation).
Our Github: [**https://github.com/mindsdb/mindsdb**](https://career.mindsdb.com/o/technical-writer?campaign=25700)
Our Docs: [**https://docs.mindsdb.com/**](https://docs.mindsdb.com/)
**More about our benefits**
Whether you work in an office, remotely, or a distributed team, MindsDB is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options and lots more.
**MindsDB is an equal opportunity employer**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
**More about us**
MindsDB helps anyone use the power of machine learning to ask predictive questions of their data and receive accurate answers from it. MindsDB was founded in 2017 by Adam Carrigan (COO) and Jorge Torres (CEO), is backed with over $5.2M in seed funding from the University of California, Berkeley SkyDeck fund, OpenOcean, and the co-founders of MySQL and MariaDB. MindsDB is also a graduate of Y Combinators’ recent Winter 2020 batch.
**On your first day we’ll expect you to have:**
* Proven experience producing technical content targeted at audiences with a broad range of technical understanding.
* A strict and reliable adherence to deadlines.
* The confidence to self-start and thrive in the busy, ever-changing startup environment.
* Ability to prioritise and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years professional work experience in technical documentation.
* Experience with source control systems and workflow tools e.g. GitHub
* A flexible, collaborative, team-focused approach and the ability to adapt and overcome obstacles.
* An understanding of modern technical writing (both formal and in a social media age of informality). The ability to target writing to an audience in a range of styles and tones, from the in-depth and technically detailed to conversational and accessible.
* Experience in Machine Learning, Distributed Data Systems, Data Science, Data-Warehousing and Analytics.
* Start-up experience.
* Ability to produce technical explainer videos.
* Presentation skills and experience public speaking.
Apply via the [**application form**](https://career.mindsdb.com/o/technical-writer/c/new?campaign=25700).
_Agency calls are not appreciated._!(https://t.ltpx.nl/track.php?orderid=251251)