About the job
Job Title: Lead Developer (magento)
Based: BrandAlley, Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NW (remote during Covid-19)
Experience: Expert Engineer / Magento 1 & 2 Developer / Team Lead
Reporting to: CTO
Who We Are?
Brand Alley UK Limited is the UK’s largest online flash sale fashion retailer and is currently going through a period of exponential growth. With upwards of 5 million members, we sell top branded fashion and homeware products, process tens of thousands of orders per day and we are one of the most successful E-Commerce brands in the UK.
Operating between London and Delhi, our team of developers and Magento specialists work on a wide range of projects for the BrandAlley Web platform. Its dynamic, diverse and an incredibly exciting time as BrandAlley migrates its front-end web platform into Magento 2 and moves its entire back office team into a custom-built platform consisting of a PIM, warehousing, merchandising, customer service, and marketing tools. With this new architecture in place 2021 will see a backlog of new features developed for www.brandalley.co.uk and our European site (www.brandalley.fr) built and migrated onto its own Magento 2 instance and connected into the same back office systems as the UK site.
Along with the launch of our IOS and Android Apps, 2021 will also see the further break-up of the Magento user interface layer into rich Progressive Web Apps making this a truly exciting opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead with proven experience of working with large scale web applications to join our team in London. This role will be perfect for an individual who has been developing on Magento, PHP and MySQL and running Apps in AWS for a number of years, has a heightened passion for making Magento work beyond its limits and has lead teams that create high performance code and stacks on container environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team along with product owners and analysts.
● Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
● Liaising with team members, management, and internal clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
● Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
● Constantly maintain a secure environment and evaluate security posture.
● Analysis existing system operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
● Provide resource quotations to product owners & business analysts.
● Performing troubleshooting as required.
● Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
● Ensure that all systems and platforms are supported and adequately manned at all times.
● Ensure high end user stability and performance of systems.
● Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
● Promote and drive best practice.
● Provide accurate information into JIRA.
● Keeping up to date with industry trends and developments.
● Updating work schedules in JIRA.
Skills and Experience Required
● Strong Magento development background experience (Magento 1 & 2).
● Strong Magento troubleshooting experience.
● Strong database skills in MySQL, Performance Schema, MySQL Tuning, Monitoring, and troubleshooting.
● Strong experience debugging performance issues.
● Strong DevOps, AWS, and Server experience.
● Strong Docker, Kubernetes, Container and Terraform experience.
● Strong Security focus.
● Strong Git and Composer experience.
● Strong team player.
To Stand Out
● Someone who has skills and experience managing Progressive Web App (PWA) development.
● Someone who develops with a “performance first” mindset.
● Someone who can mentor and guide developers.
● Someone who loves to learn new technology.
● Someone who can talk tech and non tech when needed.
● You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
● You must be able to work onsite in London (Old Street).
· Self-motivated, adaptable with a positive attitude
· Enthusiastic and respectful of others
· Must have a ‘Can do approach’
· Flexible and willing to go the extra mile with a good sense of humour
· Must be able to work autonomously
Why You’ll Like Working with Us
· You’ll have the opportunity to work on some exciting brands supported by an inspiring and friendly team of people
· You’ll join a great talented team who are all driven to be the best they can be, while having a lot of fun along the way
· We offer a place to grow, where you can spread your wings