At Parse.ly, we believe the most successful companies in the digital world are the ones with the best content. That’s easy to say, but hard to do. Through our analytics platform, we help some of the largest companies achieve the impossible with their content.
As an Account Executive at Parse.ly, you’re responsible for closing new business in partnership with our business development (BDR) team. You’ll work with the world’s best content creators, editors, marketers, and executives to show them the true impact of the content they create now and the content they’ll create tomorrow. In this role, you will sell our analytics software B2b, build new customer pipelines, develop key relationships based on the value we provide, and negotiate & close new business.
Content powers the internet now, and will power most businesses in the future. It’s at the heart of the digital transformation that businesses are undergoing today fueling a huge opportunity for growth. Our platform gives creators and marketers the key insights they need to ensure their content reaches its potential. We’ve been at this for 10 years, but realize that we’re just at the tip of the iceberg. Join us to explore how big this will get!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you:
- Have experience selling analytics software B2B as an Account Executive.
- Enjoy selling products that lean closer to the technical side.
- Love solving problems and discovering opportunities to help people succeed.
- Believe in the power of content to change the dynamics of a business.
- Want to work with some of the world’s most recognizable brands
- Thrive in a goal-oriented and high-growth environment that works as a team to achieve results.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have 2+ years of experience selling analytics software B2B.
- Take a consultative approach to determine customer needs.
- Know the power of storytelling and can use it to attract and sustain the attention of the room.
- You’re organized and know what it takes to beat quota.
- You’re motivated by your goal, by the team, and through your pursuit to always be better.
- Welcome adversity because it will drive you to push harder to get the results you know you can attain.
- Are empathetic and know that active listening is the key to becoming an all-star seller.
- Understand the power of research and always are prepared for the meetings you join.
- Start with the why.
- Want to have fun and enjoy an environment that makes work exciting.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.