Headquarters: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Millions of people all over the world experience real-life adventures with us. We help people like you discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re pretty good at it! Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times – and with more than 16 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews – komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide. Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
The komoot community is growing. And it’s growing fast. Our Community team works with some of the most interesting adventurers, events, and local partners, to put komoot firmly at the heart of the coolest things happening in cycling and hiking communities across Europe. Join a team of 10 other cycling and hiking nuts who care about their sport and community as much as you do.
We are on the lookout for an outstanding Hiking Community Manager to join our growing UK team on our mission to make komoot the go-to platform for cyclists and hikers. You’ll work closely with El, our Community Manager for UK cycling, and Rob our PR Manager.
Join our team and take responsibility for growing our community of hikers online and on the trails across the UK.
Ready for your next adventure?
Employment Type: Full – Time; Permanent
Location: Any location in UK
What you will do
- Build a strong community of like-minded hill walkers, peak baggers, and thru hikers.
- Attend events and plan hikes and meetups to grow our community.
- Support our influencer campaigns, approach potential influencers, convince them to become komoot users and turn them into brand ambassadors.
- Support our PR team in planning media campaigns and event schedules.
- Uncover the most exciting people and their adventures for use in our marketing materials from social posts to emails.
- Team up with our support team to assist users when they run into technical problems.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 2+ years of experience as a community manager.
- Are located in the UK and are well-connected in the hiking community.
- Are outgoing and enjoy interacting with people.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Are digitally savvy and know how to leverage digital tools.
- Are self-motivated and extremely organized with a high attention to detail.
- Are naturally curious, eager to learn and love to work in an open-minded and diverse team.
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll work with a community of enthusiastic hikers, cyclists and mountain bikers.
- Enjoy the freedom to work wherever you want within the UK, be it from your home, on the beach or in the hills.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with modern tools that you’ll love.
- You’ll join us for team gatherings in locations like Morocco, Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year.
Sound like you?
Then send us the following:
- A CV (in English) highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work: Tell us a bit about community management projects you’ve worked on in the past. (you can add the links to your Cover Letter)
- Share your Twitter, Instagram, blog or your website with us so we can get a feel for your interests. (You can add the links to your Cover Letter)
- A link to your komoot profile showing your favorite outdoor spot.
- Bonus if you do something creative with komoot. We love it when people go one step further!
At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.